IP Week 2021: ONLINE
From crisis to low carbon opportunity:
A decade of delivery for the oil and gas industry
23 – 25 February 2021
This coming decade will be defined by three historic, global challenges: building a resilient recovery from the devastating COVID-19 pandemic; achieving the UN goal of universal access to energy for all populations; and charting an ambitious course – at COP26 and beyond – for tackling the threat we all face from the climate emergency.
Today’s oil and gas sector faces the toughest of operating environments, but the ingenuity of its people, its engineering capabilities and innovative spirit will all be pivotal in rising to these global challenges.
As the sector’s leaders and influencers gather virtually for IP Week 2021, for a programme uniquely convened and curated by the Energy Institute’s industry experts, this remains the pre-eminent international event for building collaboration between industry, government and society.
The urgency of action, together with the associated risks and opportunities in geographies around the world, will be at the heart of an unmissable week’s agenda.
Energy Institute are offering Storage Terminal Magazine subscribers 20 percent off the published price. Please use promo code STMIP20 when booking to take advantage.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Bernard Looney CEng FREng FEI, CEO, BP
- Anders Opedal, CEO, Equinor
- Patrick Pouyanné, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Total
- Ryan Lance, Chairman and CEO, ConocoPhillips
- James Grabert, Director of Mitigation, UNFCCC
- Dr Fatih Birol HonFEI, Executive Director, IEA
- Indrani Kaushal, Economic Advisor, Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, India
- Helima Croft, Managing Director and Global Head of Commodity Strategy, RBC Capital Markets
- Giovanni Serio, Global Head of Research, Vitol
- Dr Leila R Benali, Chief Economist, Energy Economics, Strategy & Sustainability, APICORP
- Wael Sawan, Upstream Director, Shell
- Gauri Singh, Deputy Director-General, IRENA
- Claire O’Neill, Manging Director, Climate and Energy, World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD)
- Reem Abdullah Al-Ghanim, Head of HR & Support Services – Chemicals Business, Saudi Aramco
- Guido Brusco, Upstream Director, Eni
- Dr Angela Wilkinson, Secretary General, World Energy Council
- Susan Morrice, Founder Chair, Belize Natural Energy (BNE)
- Mariam Musallam Al-Qubaisi, Head of Sustainability, Government, International & Communications, Etihad Airways
- Dr Zhen Wang FEI, President, Energy Economics Research Institute, CNOOC and Professor of Finance, China University of Petroleum
- Joseph McMonigle, Secretary General, IEF
- Kazutomo IRIE, President, Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation
- Armida Salsiah Alisjahbana, Under Secretary-General, United Nations and Executive Secretary, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP)
- Dr Ivan D Ivanov, Team Lead, Occupational and Workplace Health, Environment, Climate Change and Health Department, Division of Healthier Populations, World Health Organization (WHO)
- Professor Carlos Lopes, Associate Fellow, Africa Programme, Chatham House
- Amy Jadesimi, Managing Director, LADOL
Topics explored include:
- Climate emergency and the pandemic aftershock – opportunities out of the crisis?
- The geopolitics of energy transformation
- Reinventing the energy industry in response to climate change and COVID-19
- Pathways for accelerating the low carbon transition
- Exploring the transport industry journey to net zero
- Asia’s pathway to a low carbon future
- Sub-Saharan Africa’s sustainable growth and development: its roadmap and progress towards low carbon
Book your place to one of the biggest events in the energy sector and get together virtually with over 1,500 industry professionals from all over the world, to hear the latest news and updates, debate key issues, and network to form new partnerships.
The oil & gas sector faces the toughest of operating environments to date – what do leaders and influencers have to say? #IPWeek 2021 has an unmissable agenda & stellar line-up of speakers – view the programme and book your place at https://www.ipweek.co.uk/
Companies speaking at next year’s @EnergyInstitute’s #IPWeek include @IEA, @bp, @Shell, @Aramco, @Equinor, @Total, @conocophillips, @vitolnews, @eni, @APICORP, @ChathamHouse, @IRENA & more. Excited to hear the oil majors plans for a #lowcarbonfuture: https://www.ipweek.co.uk/
The oil & gas sector faces the toughest of operating environments to date – what do leaders and influencers have to say? #IPWeek 2021 has an unmissable agenda & stellar line-up of speakers. Plus receive 20% off if you book through us – promo code STMIP20 https://www.ipweek.co.uk/
The @EnergyInstitute’s industry experts have curated a must-see agenda for #IPWeek 2021, looking at how to turn the oil & gas industry’s crisis into a low carbon opportunity. How can the sector meet increasing energy demand whilst tackling #ClimateChange? https://www.ipweek.co.uk/
Recovering from #COVID19, achieving the UN goal of access to #energy and planning for #COP26: 3 crucial challenges that senior leaders will address at the @EnergyInstitute’s globally renowned event, IP Week. Get 20% off with promo code STMIP20: https://www.ipweek.co.uk/ #IPWeek
The @EnergyInstitute’s IP Week has gone digital – their online platform will give you access to network with the biggest names in energy, listen to live and on-demand presentations & download specially curated content usually reserved for members only! https://www.ipweek.co.uk/
IP Week 2021 will explore how the #oilandgas industry can be a key player in delivering a #lowcarbon future. This event will bring together the most influential figures in the industry to share future plans for the #energytransition https://www.ipweek.co.uk/ @EnergyInstitute
Just one week until world leaders in #energy gather virtually at IP Week. The theme is ‘From crisis to low carbon opportunity: A decade of delivery for the oil & gas industry’. Book to tune in, gain key insights, network & explore future opportunities: https://www.ipweek.co.uk/
For more information please visit https://www.ipweek.co.uk/