Global energy and commodity price reporting agency Argus leads with IMO 2020 fuel price assessments for the U.S. and Europe with the launch of five new price assessments at the world’s largest bunkering locations, including Rotterdam, New York and the U.S. Gulf coast.
They expand on Argus’ recent launch of the industry’s first IMO-compliant 0.5 percent sulphur marine fuel price in Singapore.
The IMO is a division of the UN and provides a regulatory framework for the shipping industry. The tighter sulphur regulations are intended to reduce air pollution. Some coastal regions already have emission control areas with a 0.1 percent sulphur limit, but the global limit of 0.5 percent is a major change for the shipping industry and its suppliers, which will require new price assessments to use in trade and risk management.
Through its global oil products services, Argus now delivers daily price assessments covering:
– 0.5 percent sulphur fuel oil in northwest Europe
– 0.5 percent sulphur marine gasoil in northwest Europe
– 0.5 percent sulphur fuel oil at New York Harbor
– 0.5 percent sulphur marine gasoil at New York Harbor
– 0.5 percent sulphur fuel oil at the U.S. Gulf coast
– 0.5 percent sulphur fuel oil in Singapore
For more information visit www.argusmedia.com
14th November 2018